This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

hey Jimbo

hope your clear of the hurricane be safe and good luck to anyone else in the area

=MAG= Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by oatie View Post
      hope your clear of the hurricane be safe and good luck to anyone else in the area
      Ditto! To all in that area. Don't mess with this one! Get out stay safe!
       photo Randozz2_zpseec53e16.jpg

Forum Rat
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Thankfully, the full force of the hurricane didn't hit Tampa. I was not in a flood zone, so evacuation was not required. I'm sure the same for Jimbo. I would have lost the roof off my house for sure with 120+ MPH winds for 6 solid hours.

It did make me realize how unprepared I was. I did have plenty of water, food, guns/ammo, medical supplies, propane, pet food. One of my neighbors even had a portable crapper...if it didn't get blown away. But I had no escape route/plan, no tarps, no generator, no chainsaw, no gas, no cash (most stores only took cash up to 3 days after the storm), no way to waterproof most all my valuables, no fire extinguisher. Shit, I could go on. Time to start a new list.

=MAG= Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Drunk

Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Made it through without too much BS, had a bunch of shit to clean up off my 2 oaks but no big limbs came down thankfully, the hurricane clips worked perfectly, if you get a chance humm pick some of those up and store some plywood for your windows and doors, you won't regret it.

I will tell you though, the gas stations were out of gas in 2 days, food, wood and any supplies GONE in one week. When shit falls apart it falls apart fast!

I think my wife and I are going to become peppers. It was nice to see the entire neighborhood working together helping out those that just moved in, generally helping each other get ready for the storm, but buddy, a couple of days with no power in the Fla heat, food being scarce and spotty, some stores open some stores not, some cash only, people start thinking about getting theirs and fuck everybody else.

like hum said, we dodged a MAJOR bullet, but it was an eye opening experience at just how quickly society can fall apart....

thanks for checking on us Oatie. sorry it took awhile to get back here, we have a fuck ton of shit going on down here at Southern Comfort Command, nothing bad just life stuff.
      Last edited by JBBlack; 09-27-2017 at 04:15 PM.

=MAG= Member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Wow. Looking at Humm and JB's post makes me realize how screwed I would be in a major event. Glad everything worked out without serious issue for you two. I have some firearms and ammo, however this is heavy and hard to move around. Water I've always thought about and would become an issue for me real quick. The conepts I've came up with would not produce enough. Again main point is Glad Humm and Jimbo came out OK!
       photo Randozz2_zpseec53e16.jpg

Forum Rat
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      glad you all where safe my friends parents live in winter haven. they didnt even lose power
      been busy myself doing the 2 jobs fixing on the motorcycle and lost in eso